1. Effective from 1-4-2010, a notification No. 1/2010 ST dated 19-2-2010 has been issued which makes it mandatory for all service tax assessees who have paid a total service tax of rupees ten lakh or more (including the amount paid by utilization of CENVAT credit), in the preceding financial year, to deposit the service tax electronically, through internet banking and also to file the return electronically.
2. For electronic payment the assessee may use the EASIEST portal. Details of the same are available on www.cbec.nsdl.com or www.aces.gov.in.(Refer links for e-payment). For electronic filling of returns assessees would need to register with ACES (Automation of Central Excise and Service Tax) on www.aces.gov.in. The details for the same are available on www.aces.gov.in or www.servicetaxdelhi.gov.in. The same has also been circulated vide Trade Notice NO. 14/ST/2009 dated 14-9-2009 read with corrigendum to the Trade Notice No. 14/ST/2009 dated 30-9-2009.
3. All assessees (registered before launch of ACES) who yet do not have their login and password need to apply in the declaration form enclosed with this trade notice. After filling in the details the same needs to be submitted to the concerned Division/Range or a scanned copy may be emailed to the email id of the Division. The form can also be downloaded from our website http://www.servicetaxadelhi.gov.in and thereafter clicking on "Logging on to ACES" and then "Form". The email shall be updated in the ACES database and an email communicating the TPIN, password and a link to ACES login page shall be sent to the email id so provided. Using this 'TPIN" and the password, one can log on to ACES. Once logged in for the first time, the user will be requested to change his user name and password, with which he will then access ACES in future and file the service tax returns. The email updation may take upto 10 working days. Further a last minute rush is expected and hence despite best efforts application filed after first week of April would be extremely difficult to entertain & the email updation may not take place. Thus all assessees who require to send in their declaration/request for ACES must send in the same as soon as possible to avoid the rush and ensure smooth and timely filing of their return (s).
DECLARATION FORM FOR ACES
NAME of Registered Assessee:____________________________________________
STC (Service Tax Code/registration Code):___________________________________
1. Division: (Please tick) (I) (II) (II-Gurgaon) (IV- Faridabad)
2. Range: (Please mention Range Number) _____________________________
3. Email id: _______________________________________________
4. Repeat Email id: _______________________________________________
5. Constitution of your firm: ___________________________________________
(Proprietorship/ Partnership/ Registered Public Limited Company/ Registered Private Limited Compnay/ Registered Trust/ Society/Co-operative Society/ Others)
6. Contract Person Name: _____________________________________________
7. Contact Number : _____________________________________________
I, _____________________ hereby declare the I am duly authorized by M/s - _______________________ to sign this declaration and the contents of this declaration are true and correct.
To (please send to the concerned jurisdictional Division/Range or email a scanned copy to the email id of the concerned Division)
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF SERVICE TAX, DIVISION I,
37, NEHRU PLACE, NEW DELHI firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF SERVICE TAX, DIVISION II,
BLOCK NO. 11, 7th FLOOR., CGO COMPLEX, NEW DELHI email@example.com
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF SERVICE TAX, DIVISION III, (GURGAON),
UDYOG VIHAR, PH-V, GURGAON firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF SERVICE TAX, DIVISION IV (FARIDABAD),
NEW CGO COMPLEX, NH-IV, FARIDABAD email@example.com